Monday, January 24, 2011

Ke$ha... I think I love you...

Don't judge me.  I am an almost 28 year old mother of two, and I love Ke$ha.  Pathetic, I know. 

Her music is 100% about getting pass-out drunk at some random dude's house, so I feel it is not at all applicable to my everyday life, plus she looks like she could seriously use a shower and a hairbrush... and don't even get me started on the fact that her parents probably gave her a fairly decent name, but she decided to pass on using all letters in her name (lame) and throw in a dollar sign.  BUT, I can't help myself.  Maybe I need some rehab, or maybe just need some sleep!

I think I can trace this back to my life about a decade ago.  Although I was never as dirty or drunk as she seems, I am pretty sure me and my friends could have been Kesha's besties (I am officially dropping the dollar sign for her).  A mythical time before kids and husbands when I could actually wear jeans that didn't have a fat roll over the top, my hair was fabulous, and my friends were so beautiful that you couldn't help but get motivated to look your best (they still are, btw... but now I am just lazy).  The drinks were always free, and we never had to work out because we danced so much at the bars.  Memories...

Enjoy your time in my CD player, Kesha... because I am quite certain you will be me in 10 years.  Don't kid yourself, I am fabulous, but life will be very different for you my dirty friend.  You might as well forget about that water bottle full of jack in your handbag.  That will have to go to make room for sippy cups and diapers.  You still won't shower or sleep, but, let me tell you, your nights won't be quite as fun because you will never leave the house.  Love won't be your drug anymore... it will be naptime. 

And to my 18 year old sister-in-law... this one's for you!  Just remember, I was you 9 years ago...

Now,  how does Kylee $ue Phelp$ sound???

3 comments:

  1. omg i love teeny-bopper music! curt always ALWAYS makes fun of me...says "you're a mom, of TWO, you don't drink or go to dance clubs?!"...i know i think this is why i love this music..it's my "well this is as close as i'm going to get to YOUR life...!" rock on Kylee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her too! And I still love Brittany and Christina. Just because we're mom's doesn't mean we can't listen to fun music and dance like we're back in college again! :)

    ReplyDelete