Wednesday, May 4, 2011

let them eat cake!

I know I haven't officially gone public... but I am sure the 10 of you reading this you probably already know that Baby Phelps #3 is on the way and is joining our little freak parade on October 7th.

Being pregnant while chasing a 2 and 3 year old has really hurt my blogging abilities, so please forgive me for being MIA (for the record, I was 8 weeks pregnant during the toddler ski school episode... something I am sure my doctor would NOT appreciate).

Today was one of the most monumental days in any pregnancy... the day we "found out".  Let's face it, I will never be the girl that can wait to know what the gender of the parasite taking over my body is until delivery day.  From my now vast experience in the delivery room, I know that day is "surprising" enough that I don't need any extra excitement. 

Andy and I did decide to let his family in on the fun this time around, and because they are totally NEVER invited to any of my OBGYN visits... EVER, we came up with another plan.  The baby cake.  We asked Andy's super talented aunt to make us a cake that was either pink or blue on the inside so that when we cut into it we could all hear the big news together.  It is becoming more and more common (I stole the idea from my besties... the Duggar family), so I thought it would be the perfect way for all of us to share the excitement.

So... after a delicious meal (taco soup), it was time for dessert!!!



Look out world... there is another Baby Girl Phelps coming this fall!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats, Kylee! You are so talented and creative...and btw, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the Phelps Family. Look out boys, girls are about to take over the Phelps house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!so exciting. that cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the coolest thing i have seen in a long time! congrats phelps family!

    ReplyDelete